Breaking Down the Travel Nurse Submittal Process
For traveling nurses, tackling the submittal process for a new job is exciting, but also a lot of work. From paperwork to certifications to making sure the position is a good fit, the submittal process can be lengthy. Further, the requirements can vary from state to state and provider to provider. With Voyage Healthcare, you don’t have to go it alone. Our experts walk with nurses one step at a time to break down the submittal process, making it quick, easy and to the point.
So, what’s involved? The submittal process is everything you need to land your dream job. It’s similar to applying for any kind of job, but more complex as nurses need to submit details on certifications, skills and more. Here are the key pieces:
- Updated resume – At Voyage Healthcare, we help our visiting nurses create resumes that resonate. There’s no need to stare at a blank Word document without any idea where to start – we’ll help you gather what you need and put it all together, sorting through which experiences are key to speaking to your new employer and leaving out those that don’t – like that summer you worked as a barista.
- References – Your former supervisors are your biggest cheerleaders, and we’ll help you gather the names and contact details you need for them to sing your praises.
- Certifications – The nuts and bolts of the nursing submittal process. From BLS, to ACLS, med surg expertise, NIHSS, and more, we’ll help gather the certifications you have and work through those you’ll need for your new position. For example, if you’re moving out of state, you might need a new certification or a compact license. We’ll help you start that process, research what certifications you need and coordinate with your future employer on when you’ll be certified.
- Skills checklist – This assessment checklist is another important piece where you can let your skills shine through, but we’ve learned that nurses never give themselves enough credit. We’ll walk through the assessment with you, helping to maximize experiences and skills – you do more work than you think!
- Vaccinations – COVID-19 vaccinations are now part of the submittal process as many providers require them. Our recruiters will help you gather your COVID-19 vaccination card or help you through religious or medical exemptions.
- Schedules and more – The biggest benefit of partnering with our recruiters on the submittal process is our work to get to know you and your preferences. If you want to work nights, we’ll be your advocate. If you want to work in a certain area, we’ll help you get there. Providers like to place nurses in open roles, regardless of your preferences. But when you’re working with a recruiter, we’ll make sure your needs are heard.
Most nurses think the submittal process is just about paperwork. That’s certainly part of it, but it’s also making sure the role is a good fit for you. No surprises, no stress – that’s the benefit of working with a Voyage Healthcare recruiter.
Want to learn more? We’ve got traveling nurse opportunities across the country. Click HERE for more details.